Loyalty Programs have been around for many decades however with the emergence of technology, Loyalty Program App Development in Australia has evolved to become a must-have for brands keen to connect with their customers.
It is a well-known fact that it is cheaper to retain existing customers rather than acquire new ones, so in this blog post, we share 8 Creative Ideas for Loyalty Program App Development Australia.
- Loyalty Program Idea for a Launderette
- Loyalty Program App Development Idea for a Restaurant
- Loyalty Program App Development Idea for a Car Wash
- Loyalty Program Idea for an Airline
- Loyalty Program App Development Idea for a Bank
- Loyalty Program Idea for Recyclers
- Loyalty Program App Development Idea for an Insurer
- Loyalty Program Idea for a Retailer
What are Loyalty Programs?
Loyalty Programs are reward schemes offered by retailers and vendors that aim to retain existing customers and attract potential new customers.
One of the very first modern loyalty programmes was the American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flyer program launched in 1981 that is still operational with over 50 million members and 1000 partners.
On a more human note, Loyalty Programs make customers feel like members of a family or a community that all align with the ethos and spirit of the brand.
How do Loyalty Programs work?
Loyalty Programs are designed to keep customers coming back and engaging with your brand.
Having joined a Loyalty Program, customers are then rewarded for throw purchases with rewards that take on many forms.
These rewards are most commonly dispensed as points (that may be redeemed or used to climb tiers), discounts and exclusive previews along with many other promotional benefits.
A Loyalty Program App Dashboard will generally measure and display all the different metrics that are associated and collected by the App.
The growth and popularity of modern loyalty programs are closely linked to the development of the concept of Direct Marketing that was first conceived in 1967 by American Advertising Executive Lester Wunderman.
Why Do I need a Loyalty Program?
Loyalty Programs provide brands with numerous benefits and advantages. We list a few here:
- Assist in your customer retention strategy and building credibility and trust.
- Provide invaluable insights into customer behaviour such as purchase history, purchasing patterns and frequency of purchases.
- Easily acquire data on customer demographics such as age, location, income or preference and habits.
- Create a positive brand image with customer reviews and referrals.
- Loyalty Programs are very cost-effective as you are addressing existing or interested customers without having to look for new ones.
What are Loyalty Program Apps?
Loyalty Progam Apps can be described as loyalty programs that are centred around a Mobile Application or App.
Loyalty Program Apps offers the user all the benefits and facilities of a traditional offline Loyalty Program through a Mobile App interface.
Why Do I need a Loyalty Program App?
Loyalty Program Mobile Apps personalise the user experience and makes it very convenient for members to access and use as and when compared to offline plastic loyalty cards.
Loyalty Program Apps also entertain and engage audiences in a manner that drives interest, affinity and spending on your brand.
Brands can also use push notifications to alert all App users of any brand announcements, thereby providing a direct channel of communication to loyal customers and program members.
With this in mind, any successful Loyalty Program App should have extensive Social Metia Integration, Geo-Location features and Gamification that will all underpin the creation of fans and advocates for your brand.
What is Loyalty Program App Development?
Loyalty Program App Development is the creation, design, production and publication of Mobile Apps for Loyalty Programs.
Now that you have a better idea about Loyalty Programs Apps let’s get into our 8 Creative Ideas for Loyalty Program App Development Australia:
1. Loyalty Program Idea for a Launderette
Develop a Loyalty App that rewards those who donate their used clothes to charity.
2. Loyalty Program App Development Idea for a Restaurant
Create a Loyalty App that rewards members that bring their own cutlery and crockery for dine-in and containers and bags for takeaway.
3. Loyalty Program App Development Idea for a Car Wash
Create a Loyalty App that rewards members choosing waterless nano car washing to save the planet.
4. Loyalty Program Idea for an Airline
Develop a Loyalty App that rewards members bringing their own headphones, blankets, cutlery, crockery and meals that help save the airline added costs and protects the planet.
5. Loyalty Program App Development Idea for a Bank
Create a Loyalty App that rewards members pledging to go digital and committing to paperless banking for their lifetime.
6. Loyalty Program Idea for Recyclers
Develop a Loyalty App that rewards individuals or community members continuously providing items for recycling and help save the planet
7. Loyalty Program App Development Idea for an Insurer
Create a Loyalty App that rewards members that choose to live a healthy and fit lifestyle committed to improving their outlook and future.
8. Loyalty Program Idea for a Retailer
Develop a Loyalty App that rewards members choosing to make a contribution to a charity with each purchase they make, the value of which is a percentage of their bill total.
5 Questions to ask your Loyalty Program App Developer
- What experience do you have developing Loyalty Program Apps?
- Can you develop my Loyalty Program App to my specifications and make it fully functional?
- Will it be easy to use for employee onboarding, redeeming and spending?
- Will my Loyalty Program App be secure and will it be accepted onto major App Stores?
- What maintenance and support services do you offer post-launch?
Future of Loyalty Program App Development
The future of Loyalty Program Mobile App Development is very positive given the ever-increasing adoption of Apps by brands that wish to offer their Loyalty Programs via a Mobile App.
Innovations in virtual and augmented reality promise to further stimulate engagement amongst loyal customers using Mobile Apps.
- Work with an affordable and experience Mobile App Developer
- Create and publish a fully-functional Loyalty Program App
- Market your Loyalty Program App and Onboard users
- Leverage the Data
- Exploit the Insights
- Learn, Grow and Profit
As this digital age continues, the reliance on Mobile Apps will only increase. Therefore if your brand has an existing (card-based) Loyalty Program or you are thinking of creating an App-Based Loyalty program for your brand, then a Loyalty Program Mobile App is a must-have for those not wanting to be left behind.