The R&D Tax Incentive is an Australian Government-backed Incentive Scheme that aims to Drive and Encourage R&D Activities by providing a tax offset.
The R&D Tax Incentive or Research and Development (R&D) Tax Incentive, is jointly administered by ‘AusIndustry’ on behalf of Industry, Innovation and Science Australia and the Australian Tax Office (ATO).
This Scheme also nudges companies to undertake R&D that may not be possible due to immediate concerns about future returns. The R&D Tax Incentive is therefore somewhat of a safety net providing Companies with the opportunity to proceed with R&D bearing a sense of security and optimism.
If you are an aspiring Startup, in this article we ask Does your Startup Qualify for an R&D Tax Incentive in 2021?
Continue reading “Does your Startup Qualify for an R&D Tax Incentive in 2021?”
Australia is an incredible country brimming with start-ups and celebrating a great startup culture. It is only natural, then, for support systems around it to show up as well.
A startup reaches out to a startup accelerator or a startup incubator in order to get a head start in the market. Young and innovative companies can find mentors in startup accelerators that help them gain years’ worth of knowledge with the help of their intense training programs.
Before we get to our list of the top 12 startup accelerators and startup incubators, here is a quick rundown of the main benefits of such programs.
The many advantages to these short-term growth programs offered by startup accelerators and startup incubators include
- Seed capital: Many startup accelerators offer some initial capital to help you wade through the first few years in exchange for equity.
- Rigorous training program: You get to learn the ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ of business from the experts themselves. Successful founders and investors impart their wisdom to help your business flourish.
- Office/coworking space: Some startup accelerators also provide private offices or coworking spaces for you to hit the ground running.
- Cohorts: This is a great opportunity for networking as you get to meet like-minded entrepreneurs and fellow innovators. You can also get connected to an alumni network.
- Pitch/Demo day: You get to pitch your startup idea to potential investors.
Cities like Melbourne and Sydney are flourishing global startup hubs and draw founders and investors from all over the world. Here are the best startup accelerators and startup incubators in Australia that are dedicated to helping new startups succeed.
1. BlueChilli: Startup incubator Sydney
Continue reading “Top 11 Startup Accelerators and Startup Incubators in Australia ”